The University Library and Information Technology Services (ITS) have teamed up to improve your access to online library resources from off campus.
Supported by ITS, the Campus Virtual Private Network (VPN) is the best way to connect to library resources and only takes a few minutes to set up.
- No library barcode required! Use your CruzID and Gold password.
- Greater reliability and seamless, easy access to research databases, scholarly journals and articles, eBooks, and much more.
- VPN is a secure (encrypted) connection to the UCSC network from off campus.
- The VPN service is automatically available to anyone with a campus CruzID and Gold password. The VPN client (Cisco Anyconnect) can be installed on any computer or mobile device. Once installed, you will be able to easily and securely access online library resources from off campus. To set up the VPN, visit the following web page: http://its.ucsc.edu/vpn/installation.html
If you would like in-person help setting up the VPN, visit us during the following drop in hours at McHenry Library:
- 4/25, Tuesday, 10AM - 1PM, library circulation help desk
- 4/27, Thursday, 2PM - 5PM, library circulation help desk
If you need assistance or have questions, please submit an IT Request ticket at http://itrequest.ucsc.edu, or contact the ITS Support Center by email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 459-HELP(4357), or in-person Kerr Hall Room 54.