The undergraduate election voting and campaigning will be placed on hold beginning May 18, 2012 at 8:00 am. The elections voting site will be updated shortly.
This action is being taken with the unanimous support of the SUA Elections Commission, the Campus Elections Commissioner, the Dean of Students Office, and the Campus Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor.
The decision to put the undergraduate elections on hold was made with careful and thorough deliberation. The decision-makers considered all alternatives and possible negative impacts to all parties involved.
The reason for this action is that the applications for SUA office candidacy (Elections Packets) were not made available to all undergraduates for the required 20 working days. Elections Packets were made available for only 12 working days.
Therefore in order to ensure a valid undergraduate election, the following steps will be taken:
1. All undergraduate voting and campaigning will end as of 8:00 am on Friday, May 18, 2012;
2. All undergraduate votes and candidate endorsements to date will be nullified;
3. Applications for SUA Officer Candidacy (Elections Packets) will be available as of 8:00 am on Friday, May 18, 2012; (Note: SUA Officer candidates that have already been approved do not need to re-petition);
4. Applications will be accepted for an additional 8 working days, from Friday, May 18, 2012 through 5:00 pm on Wednesday, May 30, 2012;
5. The undergraduate ballot will be updated and voting will commence on Friday, June 1, 2012 at 12:00 am and end on Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 11:59 pm.
6. Campaigning for SUA Officer candidacy will commence on Friday, June 1, 2012 at 12:00 am.
Please note that no changes have been made to the graduate student ballot. Graduate student voting continues until 11:59 pm on Tuesday, May 22, 2012.
Every effort will be made to lessen the impacts to candidates, volunteers, and undergraduate voters. Inquires, suggestions, and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.