- Salary reductions will be reflected in October 1 paychecks. The plan is for one year, ending August 31, 2010.
- Furlough days may only be taken during the 12-month period of the plan.
- The furlough/salary reduction is subject to collective bargaining. The Office of the President has indicated it expects the unions to participate, said Campus Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor Dave Kliger.
- A few categories of employees will be exempted, including:
- staff and faculty whose pay is funded entirely by research contracts or grants;
- student employees;
- foreign nationals with H-type visas; and
- employees currently on the START program whose reduction in time equals or exceeds the targeted reductions.
A few other facts about the furlough plan
July 27, 2009
By Gwen Mickelson, Guest Writer (831) 459-2495