Upcoming closures for Student Health Center, SHOP, and CAPS

To: All UC Santa Cruz Students

From: Elizabeth Miller, DO, Student Health Services Medical Director

Subject: Upcoming closure for Student Health Center, SHOP, and CAPS

Dear Campus Community,

Student Health Services (Student Health Center, CAPS, and SHOP) will close for the day at 11:45 a.m. on Friday, June 10, 2022 for staff development. We will reopen on Monday, June 13 at 8:00 a.m.

In addition, we (Student Health Center, CAPS, CARE, and SHOP) will be closed on Monday, June 20 for the observation of Juneteenth. We will reopen on Tuesday, June 21 at 9:30 a.m.

Symptomatic Testing during Student Health Center Closure:

If you have COVID-19 symptoms or exposure during this time:

  • Residential students with symptoms are advised to isolate and contact their on-call RA/NA to arrange to have a rapid antigen test delivered to their room. If you have a positive test result, please refer to the COVID-19 Positive Test Result Instructions
  • Off-campus students can get tested at one of the many locations in Santa Cruz County. Find a COVID-19 test near you or call your physician for further assistance.
  • Continue to wear a well-fitting mask while picking up a test, while you have symptoms, or when you may come in contact with others.

Resources when we are closed:

For medical emergencies, call 911.

For After Hours Medical questions, call our Nurse Advice line at 831-459-2591

For After Hours Mental Health Crisis Services, call 831-459-2628

Visit our After-Hours Care page for more information.

 Best regards,

Elizabeth Miller, DO

Medical Director, Student Health Services