The UC Santa Cruz Arboretum will hold its annual Hummingbird Day on Saturday, March 4, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Hummingbird Day is the Central Coast’s premier family-oriented event celebrating one of nature’s vibrant aerial acrobats, the hummingbird. The event includes a variety of activities for children and adults. Admission is $10 for the general public, $5 for Arboretum members, and free for UCSC students and children under 12.
Hummingbirds just can’t resist the temptation of the plentiful supply of nectar at the Arboretum. During the event, nature lovers of all ages will see and learn about these amazing birds and the gardens that host and support them. Guests will have plenty of opportunities to watch and hear hummingbird courtship shenanigans and to participate in a variety of activities focused on these amazing creatures.
Special activities for kids (Children 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult)
- Take-home Craft making: mobiles, masks, watercolors, necklaces, and Seed Balls to attract hummingbirds at home.
- Children’s bird walks/play
- Face painting
Special Activities for all ages:
- Lectures and workshops on everything from 'Gardening for the Birds' to 'Photographing the Fastest Birds in the World'.
- Expert-led garden tours and beginning birder tours
- Scavenge for souvenirs and gifts, and acquire the perfect plant for the perfect place at Norrie’s Gift & Garden Shop
- Delight in an assortment of beverages and delicious healthy food available for purchase. Make it for breakfast and lunch!
The UC Santa Cruz Arboretum is a 50-year-old treasure and beloved destination for the central coast and local community. The Arboretum seeks to inspire stewardship of the world's biodiversity through research, education, and the conservation of rare, endangered, and extraordinary plants.
For more information, contact the Arboretum at (831) 502-2998 or email@example.com.