Hey fellow slugs! SUA's Office of Internal Affairs and a group of fantastic volunteers want to invite you to our first annual "UCSC's Got Talent." We want to help bring your talents to a university-wide platform that will be open to all undergraduate and graduate students. Whether it's singing, dancing, poetry, or anything else, you are more than welcome to audition. There is a $2,000 scholarship* for the winning performance.
Please read the following information and contact Shaz Umer at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot to audition.
These auditions will ultimately bring the final 10 contestants to UCSC's Got Talent on Friday, April 26. Here, they will perform in front of our judges, students, staff, faculty, and alumni.
Prior to the finals, there will be two rounds of auditions in the second and third weeks of April:
• 4/08: Stevenson/Cowell in the Stevenson Fireside Lounge, 7-9pm
• 4/10: Crown/Merrill Baobab Lounge, 7-9pm
• 4/10: Colleges 9/10 in the Multipurpose Room, 7-9pm
• 4/12: College 8/Oakes in the Oakes Guzman Lounge, 7-9pm
• 4/12: Kresge/Porter in the Porter Hitchock Lounge, 7-9pm
• 4/15: Stevenson Event Center, 7-9pm
• 4/18: Stevenson Event Center, 7-9pm
• 4/26: Stevenson Event Center, 7-10pm
For more information, please go to the Facebook site for this event:
WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU THERE!
* Students receiving need-based financial aid are required to report all scholarships and fellowships they receive to the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office. Federal regulations require these awards be used in determining eligibility for federally funded financial assistance. UCSC’s policy is to reduce or eliminate the loan and work study portion of the financial aid package before reducing any part of a student’s need-based grants. If the scholarship exceeds the amount of loan and work study funds awarded, then other types of grant aid may be reduced by the remaining balance, ensuring that exactly 100% need of is met.
This message was approved for distribution to all students by Michelle Whittingham, associate vice chancellor, enrollment management.