UC SANTA CRUZ POLICE DEPARTMENT
COMMUNITY CRIME ALERT BULLETIN
459 PC – Residential Burglary (2 incidents)
January 28, 2012 between 1800 hours and 1845 hours
• Porter College, B Dormitory
• Kresge Apartment, K Building
12-076 and 12-077
White male, 18-20 years of age with blond hair, 5’11, 150 lbs, wearing blue jeans, collared shirt and red hooded sweatshirt. He fled the area on foot, last seen headed towards the Kresge footbridge.
• Incident #1 – Victim returned to dormitory to discover two laptops and chargers had been stolen from room. Entry was made through a ground floor window that was left unlocked.
• Incident #2 – Victim interrupted in-progress burglary at Kresge Apartments. Suspect engaged victim in physical altercation. Suspect left behind most items he was trying to steal, but small electronic products were stolen. Suspect fled on foot. Entry made through ground floor window left unlocked.
Report all in-progress crimes by calling 9-1-1. Anyone with information about these crimes is encouraged to call the UC Santa Cruz Police Department at 831-459-2231. Reports may also be made anonymously by calling 831-459-3TIP (459-3847) or submitted online via http://www2.ucsc.edu/police/crime.html.
• Always be alert to your surroundings.
• Put and lock away your valuables, do not keep them visible.
• Always lock your doors and window even when leaving for "just a minute."
• If you come home and see something suspicious, don't go in. Confronting a burglar can be dangerous. Phone the UC Santa Cruz Police Department immediately.
• Report all suspicious persons and activity or information to the UC Santa Cruz Police Department.
• Save any evidence. Do not remove any evidence until officers are able to respond and investigate.
Nader Oweis, Chief of Police
University of California, Santa Cruz Police Department
This Bulletin is in Compliance with 20 U.S.C. Section 1092 (f), the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act" ("Clery Act"), and the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).