Many Santa Cruz-area businesses generously support UC Santa Cruz. For example:
- New Leaf Community Markets was lead sponsor and Independent Energy Systems and Pacific Sun Properties were contributing sponsors of the Arboretum's 2007 Music Series.
- Bank of America, which matches employee donations, doubled Senior Vice President (and UCSC alumnus) Matt Howard's gift to support scholarships and the Educational Partnership Center.
- Coast Commercial Bank sponsored the 2007 season of Shakespeare Santa Cruz; Wells Fargo Bank, which last year acquired Coast Commercial, cosponsored the production of SSC's Bach at Leipzig in 2008.
- The Santa Cruz Seaside Company and its president, Charles Canfield, made a generous gift to endow undergraduate scholarships.
- Barry Swenson Builder and Ow Family Properties cosponsored the 2008 Shakespeare Santa Cruz production of Romeo and Juliet.
- Barry Swenson Builder is also an Arts & Lectures leadership donor. EcoStruction and Nordic Naturals support A&L events and outreach.
- Safeway has supported Shakespeare Santa Cruz for over a decade. In 2008, the Soquel Safeway sponsored a performance of All's Well that Ends Well.
For information on business partnerships with UCSC, contact Diane Cast at (650) 528-4030, ext.131, or email@example.com.